Friday, September 3, 2010

My First Experience

Hi all! My name is Sara and my most favorite thing to do is perform on stage.
Ever since I was about 6, I knew I was destined to do something that few people have accomplished, but many wanted. At first, I wanted to be a ballerina, but that really didn't work out all that well because I was really self consious, and the leotard didn't help all that much.
I took ballet for about seven years, loving how dance made me feel, but hating the fact that all of the clothes were skin tight.
At age 9, my mom and dad took me to my first Broadway show: The Lion King.
I remember being in awe, watching how the actors moved gracefully on the stage, imitating the moves of the animals... I was inspired.
After the show, I remember asking my dad if anybody could be on stage. He didn't say yes or no, but he told me that it was a lot of hard work.
At age 10, I was in my first show.
The Pajama Game was my first production. I remember having so much trouble with the box step, and being really excited to be getting my first make-up kit.
Being in that show really changed my life. Post-production, I remember feeling so amazing, and I knew that from then, on, I would always perform on stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment